Absinthe has become legal in most countries and you can even buy Absinthe in the United States. This has sparked off a renewed curiosity about Absinthe and a new generation is wondering how to get Absinthe.
Absinthe is a strong liquor that is produced by distilling alcohol by using a recipe of natural herbs. Traditional herbs used in Absinthe production comprise of common wormwood, also referred to as grande wormwood or artemisia absinthum, aniseed and fennel www.absinthe-kits.com. The aniseed provides the Absinthe its renowned anise or licorice flavor and the wormwood gives the drink a good edge of bitterness. Wormwood contains a chemical called thujone that has been thought to be psychoactive and also to cause psychedelic effects. It was believed that Absinthe contained huge amounts of thujone so it was banned during the early 1900s. Research and tests showed that Absinthe actually only contained very small quantities of thujone, inadequate to cause any effect whatsoever, and so the drink was once again legalized in many countries.
To discover the true taste of Absinthe you have to buy an Absinthe which contains wormwood. Don’t be conned by the many fake Absinthes or substitute Absinthes – you will need original wormwood Absinthe.
How to get Absinthe which contains wormwood
Here are several buying guidelines to help you obtain a true Absinthe:-
– Design your own from a kit. AbsintheKit.com sell absinthekits which contain an Absinthe essence, a plastic measure and 14 creative bottle labels. The kit costs $29 and it is made up of enough essence to produce 14 bottles of absinthe. Unlike steeping kits, the kits from AbsintheKit happen to be distilled so, if you mix them with vodka or Everclear, you get a true Absinthe visit website. The essences contain the standard Absinthe herbs, including wormwood, and so are an inexpensive means of acquiring a real wormwood Absinthe.
– Keep yourself well-informed regarding Absinthe online. Make use of the Buyer’s Guide on sites like lafeeverte.net to study up about Absinthes and to read reviews on specific brands.
– Make sure that the Absinthe is made up of wormwood rather than just southernwood or roman wormwood. The Absinthe should also consist of anise or aniseed. Some Czech Absinth are wormwood bitters, not true Absinthe, because they’re anise free.
– Check around and compare prices.
– Buy brands produced by reputable distillers and investigate Absinthes which have won awards.
How to get Absinthe oldies
Take a look at a few Absinthes that you could be considering trying. All of them are real wormwood Absinthes.
– AbsintheKit.com Absinthe Classics essence – This essence makes a classic “verte” or green Absinthe which louches superbly.
– The Jade Collection – This assortment of vintage style Absinthes are distilled by Ted Breaux in France. They already have won awards and have got lots of good reviews and write-ups on the web.
– Mari Mayans 70 – A Spanish Absinthe (Absenta). This collectors 70 edition has received awards and it has been created in Ibiza since 1880. Absinthe was never restricted in Spain so this Absinthe has long been in production.
– Sebor – A Czech Absinth containing both wormwood and anise. It is a well known Czech brand with a good reputation.
– La Boheme Absinthe Original – A Czech Absinthe that is based on a 200 yr old Swiss recipe.
– Absinthe Roquete 1797 – This French Absinthe is based on a genuine eighteenth century recipe and it is distilled in nineteenth century alambics.
Other noteworthy Absinthes are La Ptite Douce, Absinthe La Clandestine, Doubs Mystique Carte’Or, Absinthe Duplais and Lucid, which is easily obtainable in the USA.
When you’ve got bought the preferred Absinthe don’t forget to stick to the Ritual also to use an Absinthe glass and slotted spoon. Replicas of antique glasses and spoons can be bought from AbsintheKit.com.
You now know how to get Absinthe, enjoy the taste of the Green Fairy.